NRM South emerged as a separate entity from the main National Resource Management in Tasmania Website. This presented an opportunity for a soft reposition. It was identified that the website would be a major factor in assisting this change to occur.
Future Medium was engaged to achieve the following goals for NRM South:
- Assist users to solve information needs
- Facilitate self learning
- Successfully educate and provide relevant tools for site visitors
- Provide an intuitive user experience
- Clearly communicate:
- Who NRM South are
- What they do
- The organizations structure & background
- Their Goals and purpose for existing
Our strategic planning sessions identified that NRM South were dealing with numerous stakeholders that included Government on three different levels:
- Federal: The Australian Government provides resources and Support (primarily financial support).
- State: The State Government are active land managers and have impact on natural resources, technical expertise and control legislation that NRM would like to influence. They also provide some financial support for reduce the cost of overheads.
- Local: The Council provide the link into community and they invest into natural resources. They perform physical hands on management.
At first these groups all appeared to very different. However upon workshopping their specific online needs and correlating behavioural patterns it became apparent that there were four distinct groups who would visit the website.
- Land Owners
- Land Managers
- Information Seeks
After completing a full website specification with information architecture we undertook the following:
- Complete site design to reflect strategic planning sessions
- Implementation of the autopublish content management system;
- Statistics package and search engine optimisation;
- Hosting; and Training and support.
Visually stunning! What a debut.
Working with such a new brand identity represented a rare opportunity to state the identities values in a visual sense.
Our designers paid painstaking attention to the new brand guidelines and ensured that the brand lifted out of the screen using careful visual treatments of photos and huge colour areas. We wanted you to remember this site. It had to have a personality and a memorable presence.
After all, we believe in this organisation and we want you to help them to take care of our home.